- LENGTH : The length of each piece and the number of pieces required should be specified
- DIAMETER : Specify the exact diameter of rope required.
- CONSTRUCTION : It is necessary to state the required construction of the rope.
- FINISH : When galvanized finish is required, it should be so stated. If no finish is stated, bright, or ungalvanized, finish will be furnished,
- GRADE : The grade of steel should be stated, i-e. Improved Plow Steel (IPS) or Extra-improved Plow Steel (XIP).
- PREFORMING : The requirement of preformed or non-preformed rope must be specified.
- LAY : The direction and type of lay should be specified. If no lay is specified, Right Regular Lay will be furnished.
- CORE : Specify which type core is desired.
- PURPOSE : It is desirable that you state the purpose or end use of the rope.
- Termination fittings : Eye size, thimble, socket, button etc.
Construction or Classification
- 6 x 7 class (6 strands of 7 wires)
- 6 x 19 class (6 strands of 9 – 26 wires per strand)
- 6 x 37 class (6 strands of 27 – 49 wires per strand)
- 8 x 19 class (rotation resistant)
- 19 x 7 class (rotation resistant)
- 35 X 7 class (High Performance Ropes)
- 7 x 19 construction
- 7 x 7 construction
- 1 x 19 strand
- 1 x 7 strand
Wire Rope Core
FC (Fiber Core: manila or sisal)
IWRC (Independent Wire Rope Core)
Lay Direction / Lay Type:
- RRL (Right Regular Lay)
- LRL (Left Regular Lay)
- RLL (Right Lang Lay)
- LLL (Left Lang Lay)
- IPS (Improved Plow Steel) or 1760 N/mm2 or Grade110/120
- EIPS (Extra Improved Plow Steel) or 1960 N/mm2 or Grade 115/125
- EEIPS (Extra Extra Improved plow Steel) or 2160 N/mm2 or Grade 130/140
- Drawn Galvanized
- PVC Coated